Delicious!
February 17, 2010
We Have Rice
So after four days, a phone call from Panasonic (don't ask!) and a tutorial from a girl at the concierge desk, we finally had rice for dinner. It turns out the simple question, "how do I use my rice cooker?" isn't that simple of a question here. Everyone wanted to give us very detailed instructions based on the type of rice we wanted to cook, the desired firmness, etc. We had to explain that as Americans, rice is just rice and we don't need to know how to set the timer because we don't eat rice for breakfast! In Japanese, the word for breakfast, asagohan, literally means "morning rice". Are you kidding me? We finally got the 5-minute lesson we needed and the rice turned out perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are too funny.....whew! I'm so glad you got your rice :) Everyday is an adventure over there! Glad to hear you are having fun! Keep the posts & pictures coming - I love you see you guys & read about your daily encounters!
ReplyDelete