February 5, 2010

Ahhhh... Costco

Call me a typical American, but faced with an empty kitchen and a hungry three year old longing for familiar food, we sent Dad on a mission to Costco.  (OK, so maybe he bought some items for me too!)  Turns out, the supermarkets here are more difficult to navigate than I expected.  Not only are many products unfamiliar, but you can't even read the package to figure out what it is.  It took me 5 minutes in the "sauce" aisle to locate a simple bottle of soy sauce.  Something that you'd think would be fairly easy to identify!  We have tried (and liked) many of the things we've purchased from the supermarket, but it is also nice to have some familiar foods around the house too.  I have no doubt we will become soba, yakitori and sushi eating fools over the next couple of years!

Some of you have heard about our very fancy toilets, but I decided to take a photo of the "control panel" so you could see for yourself.  38 buttons and still our favorite feature is the heated seat.  I will be trying to figure out how I can bring this home with me...  :)

Toilet control panel

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys! Whew.....I'm so glad you have a costco! I'm sure there will be times when you just want some mac & cheese. I love hearing about all your adventures and it was sooooo fun to skype with you yesterday! Maybe you can figure out how to skype with your i-touch and I can just walk around Tokyo with you :) Glad to hear things are going well - miss you, Love you! Paige

    ReplyDelete